Coronavirus outbreak: Ontario dedicates over $2.8 million in funding for "home-grown" PPE | FULL

Coronavirus outbreak: Ontario dedicates over $2.8 million in funding for "home-grown" PPE | FULL

Ontario Premier Doug Ford made an announcement on Tuesday in Toronto, and discussed the province’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, alongside Deputy Premier Christine Elliott and Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade Vic Fedeli.

Fedeli said that the province would be dedicating over $2.8 million in funding to ramp up the production of “home-grown” personal protective equipment (PPE) manufacturing in Ontario, amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The province reported 446 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 28,709. The death toll has risen to 2,293, as 17 more deaths were reported.
Meanwhile, 22,484 people have recovered from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, which is 78 per cent of cases.

Ontario has completed 747,964 tests so far for the virus. This is up 15,244 tests from the previous day. The province has previously said it has a testing capacity of more than 20,000 daily tests.

On Monday, Ford confirmed that he will ask the Ontario legislature to extend the state of emergency until June 30.

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/7015453/ontario-coronavirus-cases-june-2-covid-19/

Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews #Coronavirus #COVID19 #Ontairo #onpoli

COVID-19: Singapore dedicates another S$33 billion in its 4th Budget of 2020

COVID-19: Singapore dedicates another S$33 billion in its 4th Budget of 2020

“After a challenging circuit breaker period, we are now preparing to re-open our economy. To do so in a safe and calibrated manner, and to continue to support our people, we are proposing a further draw on our past reserves,” said Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat in his ministerial statement in Parliament on Tuesday (May 26). He said the Government will draw up to a total of S$52 billion from the past reserves to support the country’s fight against COVID-19.

Read more: https://cna.asia/2XyMCqB

#COVID19 #coronavirus

Subscribe to our channel here: https://cna.asia/youtubesub

Subscribe to our news service on Telegram: https://cna.asia/telegram

Follow us:
CNA: https://cna.asia
CNA Lifestyle: http://www.cnalifestyle.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/channelnewsasia
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/channelnewsasia
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/channelnewsasia