Coronavirus outbreak: Toronto investigating after COVID-19 cases among homeless rises to 30 | FULL

chief medical officer of health Dr. Eileen de Villa said on Tuesday that they have active investigations into three shelters in the city, including ’s largest shelter, Seaton House. Earlier in the day, city officials said there were at least 30 of COVID-19 in the city’s shelter system.

Public Health reported there were now 2,543 total confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 in the community. She said there have also been 115 deaths total, an increase of 23 from Monday.

Mayor John Tory said that city staff was working with partners in the community to ensure they don’t lose small businesses. He announced that a new site called distantly.ca had launched, and would be a crowdfunding tool to allow Torontonians to help businesses that are struggling due to COVID-19. Residents will be able to use a directory to search for their favourite businesses and send financial assistance, which would then be deposited into the business’s bank account.

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/6816954/---infections-growing/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews # #